[CentOS] Wherefore SELinux?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Oct 15 00:12:25 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 14:48 -0700, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> I've tried to wrap my head around SELinux several times, and so far, all I've
> managed to do is rap my head, and then somewhat painfully.
>
> Is there a detailed "SELinux Unleashed" style book anybody can recommend?
> Anybody read Oreilly's book care to comment?
>
> Link:
> http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=XS0ILLMCWv&isbn=0596007167&itm=1
>
> (Free resources preferred, but quality and readability comes first!)
----
I've not read that book but the RHEL/CentOS guide is an excellent place
to start - just in case you haven't found this yet...

CentOS (seems to be the same as the Red Hat version)
http://centos.org/docs/4/html/rhel-selg-en-4/

The RHEL guide (just in case there is a difference)
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-4-Manual/selinux-
guide/

The Fedora Guide covering HTTP/SELinux
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-apache-fc3/