[CentOS] Missing In PATH

Ash Christopher Ash.Christopher at pason.com
Mon Oct 17 22:09:28 UTC 2005

Maybe try a 'su -' instead of 'su'?

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Cody Holland
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 4:08 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] Missing In PATH

I'm a newb to linux so please be patient.  Running CentOS 4.  Using
Bash.  I'm not sure what happened, but now for some reason /sbin,
/usr/sbin, and /usr/local/sbin are all missing from the path.  I am su'd
as root.  I've tried several different methods to put this back
including:

PATH="/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/hom
e/cholland/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin"

export PATH=$PATH:/sbin
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin

All of these do add the directories to the path until I logout and log
back in.  Then they are gone again.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
Cody