[CentOS] ATI Radeon 7000 and DRI

Pasi Pirhonen upi at iki.fi
Tue Oct 18 05:11:40 UTC 2005

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 12:00:02AM -0500, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
> I remember some talk about DRI being disabled when Radeon 7000 is
> detected on Alpha (or PPC, not sure), and this being CentOS specific
> modification.  Has this modification by any chance accidentally leaked
> into i386 packages?  Or is this something that came from upstream?

No. I fixed the Radeon 7000 (RV100) for ia64. In HP ia64-boxes the
MC/ILO board integrated adapter is Radeon 7000.

I did fix it myself.

For CentOS-4.2/alpha i did hack it out for more. If i did it right,
it's disabled by default on every Radeon there. It didn't work as is on
my Radeon 9250/PCI at alpha. I did want to avoid people ending up going
thru firstboot just to find out that display/keyboard is hosed after
installation/first boot, so disabling DRI was kind of tradeoff which i
am willing to take.  This can be fixed later on with updates when
netter known what the heck is actually wrong in the updated

The hacked version for radeon 7000 fix only would be in 4.2-tree
updates/ia64 (i actually forgot toput it there before, so thank you for
remainding me).

One could just comment out all the DRI-options from xorg.conf as this
would efectively disable DRI too. Boot to initlevel 3 if there is no
ssh/remote access to box to fix it.

Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/