RESOLVED: WAS - [CentOS] CentOS 4.1 - Hang on boot

Tom Brown tom.brown at goodtechnology.com
Tue Oct 18 10:38:53 UTC 2005

> The server had an old megaraid controller but I already replaced it with
> a newer card.  From the Megaraid Manager:
>
> Adapter Type : MegaRAID SCSI 320-1
>
> I had two servers that had the old controllers.  I swapped out both of
> them and I was able to install CentOS4 on one, but this mail server just
> won't boot the install disc.
>
> My original question was about the "serverworks chipset".  Tom was
> asking someone else if they had it so I just wanted to know if there was
> a known issue with the chipset.

thanks for all tips here - I managed to get this installed with the apic
kernel boot line

Not sure if its an older megeraid but i think not as dmesg shows

GDT-HA: Found 1 PCI Storage RAID Controllers
Configuring GDT-PCI HA at 3/9 IRQ 225
GDT-HA 0: Name: SRCU31L
scsi2 :

although the chipset on that controller does seem to be an LSI Logic one

thanks