[CentOS] Duplicated packages after yum crash

Giovanni P. Tirloni

gpt at tirloni.org
Wed Oct 19 23:06:34 UTC 2005

Hi,

  I asked yum to update all packages on my CentOS 4.1 system and glibc
was among them. Yum crashed in the middle and now I've some packages
installed twice:

       2 zlib-1.2.1.2-1.2
       2 ncurses-5.4-13
       2 mysql-4.1.10a-2.RHEL4.1
       2 libstdc++-3.4.4-2
       2 libstdc++-3.4.3-22.1
       2 libselinux-1.19.1-7
       2 libgcc-3.4.4-2
       2 libgcc-3.4.3-22.1
       2 glibc-2.3.4-2.9
       2 glibc-2.3.4-2.13
       2 e2fsprogs-1.35-12.2.EL4
       2 device-mapper-1.01.04-1.0.RHEL4
       2 device-mapper-1.01.01-1.RHEL4

  Running yum again it complains about a package conflict:

   Finished Transaction Test
   Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/man/man1/asn1parse.1ssl.gz
     from install of openssl-0.9.7a-43.4 conflicts with file from package
     openssl-0.9.7a-43.2

  This system was beatiful now I've that, ugh :(

  Any idea about how to fix that ? I'm afraid of touching glibc because
this machine is on a datacenter 500Km away from here and it's pretty
critical.

--
Giovanni P. Tirloni
http://tirloni.blogspot.com