[CentOS] More than 1 gcc version?

Aleksandar Milivojevic alex at milivojevic.org
Mon Oct 24 17:11:51 UTC 2005

Quoting Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>:

> This is the wrong thing to do. What you want to do is assign gcc32 to
> the CC environment variable, as well as g++32 to CXX. Unless, of course,
> ASPseek doesn't look at those variables in which case feel free to talk
> to the developers.

It does look at them.  If SRPM is downloaded, to rebuild it, the beggining of
%build should be changed to look like this (some extra changes needed since
gcc32/g++32 bark on -mtune option, but equivalent -mcpu works just
fine).  Note
that %configure changes to ./configure (otherwise it resets CFLAGS and
CXXFLAGS)!  This is how far I got, I don't really need this RPM, so I'll leave
it to others to continue ;-)

%build
CC=gcc32
CXX=g++32
CFLAGS="`echo %{optflags} | sed 's/mtune=/mcpu=/g'`"
CXXFLAGS="`echo %{optflags} | sed 's/mtune=/mcpu=/g'`"
export CC CXX CFLAGS CXXFLAGS
./configure --sysconfdir=%{sysconfdir} \
           --localstatedir=%{localstatedir} \
           --libdir=%{libdir} \
           --bindir=%{http_dir_cgibin} \
           --sbindir=%{sbindir} \
           --mandir=%{_mandir}  --enable-apache-module