[CentOS] Two small issues after upgrade to 4.2

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Mon Oct 24 20:13:59 UTC 2005

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote on Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:21:24 -0400:

> The name is different and the new package may have an unversioned
> Obsoletes entry so the version will be ignored.

I see, thanks, going to check the specs file of the new rpm.

 The best thing to do is
> to grab the SRPM, update the sources, change the version, and rebuild.

Hm, I'm not too familiar with building rpms. Building the spamassassin rpm
from the source with the provided specs file was easy, but mangling with
an existing SRPM, well ...

Anyway, is it possible to omit some packages from yum update? I read man
yum but it doesn't mention this.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany