[CentOS] Problem SSH

Benjamin Smith lists at benjamindsmith.com
Tue Oct 25 17:54:16 UTC 2005

Based on your question, I'll consider that you're pretty much using a standard
iptables config.

edit /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Add the following line, somewhere in the middle - it allows inbound
connections to TCP port 22:

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

If you want to restrict access to a single IP address try this,  - it allows
inbound connections to port 22 from ip address

-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p tcp -s --dport 22 -j ACCEPT

Then restart iptables
/etc/rc.d/init.d/iptables restart;