[CentOS] PostgeSQL 8.0.4 on CentOS4.2

Tue Oct 25 20:31:38 UTC 2005

On 10/26/05, James B. Byrne <ByrneJB at harte-lyne.ca> wrote:
> In case anyone besides me is interested, installing these packages
> on CentOS4.2 seems to work.  You can determine the correct mirror
> to use from:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.0.4/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-
> es-4/
>
> The rpm command that I used was:
>
> rpm --upgrade --nodeps --hash -v <package url>
<snipped>

Thanks Jim. Very useful guide - used it to upgrade our server to 8.0.4
(7.x.x would've been fine generally but I wanted the new ALTER COLUMN
... ALTER TABLE ... TYPE command). Seems --nodeps was the missing flag
needed to install the packages without complaining about dependencies.

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.