[CentOS] Re: Driver 3c509 - Centos 4.2

Chris Mauritz chrism at imntv.com
Wed Oct 26 02:19:27 UTC 2005

keith morse wrote:

> Adriano Frare wrote:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> I need driver 3c509 (ISA BOARD) to CENTOS 4.2.
>>
>> Thanks
>

> The last time I tried enabling an ancient card like this, I came close
> to not succeeding.  These drivers have been dropped from the newer
> kernels. You'll have to find the ethernet driver web site
> http://www.scyld.com/3c509.html
>
> and most likely download, compile, and load this driver.

Wow, I was using those cards back in the early 90's with coax 10BT.  I
have a few laying around if anyone wants 'em.  I was just about to toss
them out along with a bunch of old Adaptec and Buslogic VLB and ISA
narrow SCSI cards from the same era.  My wife has become a lot less
tolerant of my packrat ways with computer gear.  8-)