[CentOS] Problem SSH

minichaz minichaz at acnp.org.uk
Wed Oct 26 11:59:54 UTC 2005

On Tue Oct 25 17:54 , Mauricio Merlin <mauricio at cimed.ind.br> sent:

>My Centos 4.1 only accept connections from localhost, my file conf is
>default.
>error: ssh: connect to host 192.168.1.78 port 22: No route to host
>

>thanks

This isn't an SSH problem and it's not a firewall problem either as that would
produce a "connection refused" message or similar. You will need to allow
incoming SSH connections on the machine to which you are connecting but you don't
appear to have got to that stage yet.

"No route to host" would indicate that there's a basic network connectivity
problem between the two machines in question. Check you can ping the machines
from each other, I suspect you can't.

Most likely you've got a typo in a netmask or something similar.

Charlie