[CentOS] CentOS 4.x friendly WiFi Cards??

Henk van Lingen henkvl at cs.uu.nl
Thu Oct 27 08:15:18 UTC 2005

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 09:05:27AM +0100, tagarsi, arun wrote:
  >     Not sure  if this is useful but I have had no problems with the
  >     belkin 54G PCMCIA cards and ndiswrapper.

  I didn't want to do ndiswrapper things. I ordered this card:

  3054CB+  (Senao Wireless 11g cardbus adapter (PCMCIA) 54 Mbps)

  It works out of the box (CentOS 4) when you just drop a firmware
  file in the right place (If I remember correctly: /lib/firmware/ ?).

  Also works with DAG's kismet.

  Cheers,

--
Henk van Lingen, Systems & Network Administrator              (o-      -+
Dept. of Computer Science, Utrecht University.                /\        |