[CentOS] Smtp mail server

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Oct 28 09:03:53 UTC 2005

iagosineiro at yahoo.es wrote:
> I need advice for a mail sever for linux. I only interested in smtp and smtp
> secure service. I need the ability to resend the incorrects mails that have
> incorrect address or that couldn't be sended beacause there wasn't internet
> connection. The best thing is if the mail server has a web interface where I
> could resend incorrect emails.

Postfix, already included in CentOS will give you everything you need,
you can also install webmin from dag's repository ( details on how to
include that repo are at : http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B1 )

Johnny Hughes has some excellent guides on how to setup a complete mail
server, all using internal CentOS components, take a look :

Also, since you seem to be new to CentOS, I would recommend you use and
work with components included in CentOS - rather than branching out and
creating support issues / potential breakage on the machine.

- K