[CentOS] Setting up Tomcat as a service under CentOS 4?

Timothy timothy at jupiter.stcl.edu
Sat Oct 29 07:53:53 UTC 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 02:42 am, Preston Crawford wrote:
> Jim, I appreciate the thoroughness. And that does sound like it would be
> very solid and I may yet go that route. However there has to be an
> easier way, no?
The nice folks over at opennms.org use tomcat4 and have rpms that install
perfectly on centos4.  They have an init script in the rpm.  The only problem
is you have to change the "ps -aux" to "ps -ef" in the stop portion or you
get some errors when you stop tomcat.

ftp://ftp.opennms.org/pub/dependencies/tomcat4/

Tim