[CentOS] another postfix question

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sat Oct 29 10:31:24 UTC 2005

Tom Diehl wrote on Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:55:58 -0400 (EDT):

> I do not understand what you are really trying to accomplish

I was trying hard at that as well ;-) I think what he really wants is get
mail from his ISP to his local machine and then read it there via Outlook,
but not get it directly with Outlook. Steven, you cannot use an MTA like
Postfix for this unless your ISP queues your mail. You use fetchmail (or
another program which does the same, I don't know if it is included with
CentOS) to get the mail via POP from the ISP to your local machine, then
you get it from your local machine with the client via POP or IMAP (use
dovecot) as already explained.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany