[CentOS] AIC7901 RAID320 with CENTOS4 not recognized

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 23:07:35 UTC 2005

But having a "fake" bios doing raid1 isnt' more stable/better than to
emulate raid1 in software?

however, thinking of benchmarks, the machine in question is a dual
xeon with 512mb ram doing web,smtp,pop3 and a small mysql for 50
users. I think raid 1 with the linux driver will be more than
excellent.

However the main question remains, Why the adaptec 79xx driver does
not "see" that I created a raid1 in the bios? why keeps showing me two
"drives" instead of one?

Cause that will mean that the linux 79xx is not "fully" compatible
(ok, it is 99.999999% compatible) with the  AIC-7901 Adaptec 320 with
HostRAID (fake BIOS or not).

Comments welcomed,