[CentOS] mediawiki on centos-4

Manny mt-listserves at cox.net
Sun Oct 30 18:13:50 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
I have centos-4 updated to 4.2.

Looking for mediawiki with yum, I find it on Dag repository
yum --enable dag list mediawiki*
Available Packages
mediawiki.i386                           1.4.7-1.2.el4.rf       dag

But the installation fails with
Error: Missing Dependency: php >= 4.3.11 is needed by package mediawiki

Where could I find a yum repository with php-4.3.11 for centos-4?
I fell I miss a point.

Anne

I've worked with various wiki's. Check out DokuWiki, which doesn't need a
database, saves data in a simple .txt file and works with PHP 4.3.x, and
overall is easier to use for those wanting a simpler wiki to set up.

I've got this working on a RaQ 550, and haven't tested it out on CentOS, but
I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Manny