[CentOS] Setting up Tomcat as a service under CentOS 4?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Mon Oct 31 17:23:42 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 12:59 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 10:16 -0700, Collins Richey wrote:
> > On 10/30/05, Preston Crawford <me at prestoncrawford.com> wrote:
> >
> > > You commented on setting up services in a separate thread? I didn't catch
> > > that one. I'll look at what's in the past. What was the thread titled?
> > >

> > Try the future and "CentOS proviiding additional services > was
> > Setting up Tomcat".
> >
> > --
> > Collins Richey
> >       Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code ... If you write
> >       the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not
> >       smart enough to debug it.
> >              -Brian Kernighan
>
> You'll find it here
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-October/014109.html

Duh. Too me, I mean. I didn't notice them when the subject changed. :-)

Thanks. I don't see anything in the Ubuntu Guide Collins references,
though, that would help me, unfortunately. Since essentially I'm looking
for init.d or daemon script for Tomcat. JPackage is just too much. I
don't want to install a gaggle of RPMs with dependencies when I can just
create a startup script.

Preston