[CentOS] OS does not see all my RAM

Mon Oct 3 14:33:41 UTC 2005
Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv>

My BIOS shows all my RAM, but when I boot up linux it does not see all the
RAM

I have two one GIG sticks of RAM, which show up in my bios, but when
typing free, I see that it only shows 256Megs.

Is there a way to specify the amount of RAM if linux cannot detect this,
or how can I fix/tweak the OS to recognize the amount of RAM

my OS is centos-4-x86_64 on a DELL 1850

[root at smtcorav02 ~ ]# free
Mem:        251360     220136      31224          0       3932      64748
-/+ buffers/cache:     151456      99904
Swap:       524280          0     524280