[CentOS] Centos 4.1 & ReiserFS

Sun Oct 9 06:46:16 UTC 2005
Ajay Sharma <ssharma at revsharecorp.com>

Hi,

I'm upgrading my mail server tomorrow from CentOS 3 to CentOS 4.1.  And
I'd like to use ReiserFS this time around since everyone says it
performs much better with smaller files (all the mail is in Maildir's
instead of mbox'es).

Right now I have a pretty basic filesystem layout:  /boot, swap, and /.
  Am I making the correct assumption that I can't install CentOS with
the CentOSPlus kernel?  So I need to split it up:

/boot -> 128MB ext3
swap
/     -> 4 GB ext3
<free space>

Then i'll install the OS, upgrade the kernel to the CentOSPlus kernel,
install reiserfs-utils, format the free space as resierfs and mount it
as /home.

This is an older server so I'm trying to suck as much out of it before
forcing the company to upgrade.  I figure a shiny new 2.6 kernel and
reiserfs should buy me some more time.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Tips?

Thanks,
Ajay