[CentOS] Logrotate Issue

Wed Oct 12 21:04:30 UTC 2005
John Hinton <webmaster at ew3d.com>

I keep logfiles for each of our hosted domains in their root/logs
directory. Each month, logrotate runs but fails to recreate the logfiles
after this rotation. I've noted that a restart of Apache fixes this. The
issue is Webalizer doesn't have log files to work from for a day to
several days depending on whatever the heck it is that seems to recreate
them like on Sunday following the start of a new month.

Perhaps my storage of the logs in a 'semi-non-standard' location is
causing this? I sure would like to have some input into  a best
solution. I really don't like automatic restarts of Apache, but if there
is no other option, I'll do that. Anybody had this issue and come up
with a good cure?

Thanks,
John Hinton