[CentOS] Java Error - 4.1 - JDK 1.3.1_02

Mon Oct 17 09:50:24 UTC 2005
Tom Brown <tom.brown at goodtechnology.com>

Hi

I posted a message some time ago regarding getting JDK 1.3.1_02 running
on CentOS4.1 - I mamaged to get this to run by installing the Oracle
patch from metalink. A user is now approaching me with an error that has
appeared during compilation after going from RedHat7.3 -> CentOS4.1

The error is

error: compiler message file broken:
key=compiler.err.sun.io.MalformedInputException arguments=null, null,
null, null, null, null, null
[...]

We HAVE to use JDK 1.3.1_02 for this app (not comething we can change)
so does anyone have any suggestions as to what the issue could be? THis
JDK does run but something bomb on the compile.

thanks for any ideas