[CentOS] CentOS 4.1 (Final) on Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop

Tue Oct 18 01:06:58 UTC 2005
Turker Dundar <tdundar at cremis.net>

Hi,

I have been using CenOS-4.1 quite sometime now on this laptop. Under
CentOS I am having a problem during boots (soft or hard boots) that I
never had with any other Linux distros.

I have to reboot the laptop twice as the first boot returns blank screen
and hangs when it attempts to bring up login screen.  I tested this a
few times, there is no disk activity or any sign of OS activity..  In
the end I switch the laptop off and start again.. It works fine
perfectly in the second boot.

Not sure what happens in the first boot (though all startup processes
return OK till it gets hung)
How can I diagnose this problem..?   Is this a known problem..?  Is
there any workarounds..etc ?

Thanks,
Turker

believed to be clean.