[CentOS] CentOS 4.2 and VMWare

Fri Oct 21 11:59:23 UTC 2005
Derek Lee-Wo <dleewo at gmail.com>

Has anyone successfully installed CentOS 4.2 within VMWare 5 and have
it run successfully.  I tried doing this last night, but after the
install, it cannot boot.  It hangs at the GRUB message.

I have used CentOS 4.1 many times within VMWare without problems.

I did a search and found some where people have had this problem, but
not within VMWare.  The problems seem to have been related to SCSI
devices.  I know VMWare allows you to choose between two types of SCSI
interfaces, but I chose the default presented (for RedHat Enterprise
4).  Maybe I need to use a different VM configuration?

Derek