[CentOS] Centos for SPARC- when?

Tue Oct 4 11:39:50 UTC 2005
Pasi Pirhonen <upi at iki.fi>

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 10:53:22AM +0100, Plant, Dean wrote:
> The Centos website talks about a SPARC release, how is this coming on?
> and is there an approximate release date?

I actually just eysterday nailed 'a incosistency on CentOS-4 patched
kernel against the not so patched sparc64 land', so now i do have
paging/swapping working aOK. I've actually never before been so happy
seeing machine quickly eating some 1GB of swap :)

I started my leave as of today (Tuesday) and now it's one of my top
pririties to start working on packaging a installable version of that
(the kernel fixing was one of the problems too).

When the CentOS-4.2 final set of sources are available, that will be
the freezing point for sparc64.

There is no release date, but a little patience will do it.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/