[CentOS] /proc process information on centos 4.1

Tue Oct 4 22:40:49 UTC 2005
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com>

Alex,

I did something simple; on one window did more/etc/mail/sendmail.cf
on another window did lsof -o -b -p XXX -w
where XXX is hte process number and the SIZE column does not change to OFFSET!
the size reflects the size of sendmail.cf - I was hoping the "-o" would change
the SIZE column to OFFSET column and show at what offset the program has read into the file?

AM I doing something wrong?

THanks so much.

Jerry

>>>/ sender: "Jerry Geis" date: "Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 10:49:09PM -0500" <<<EOQ
/>/ Is there a way to tell through /proc or something else which
/>/ files a process has open and more importantly what position the read
/>/ pointer is in for that open file?
/man lsof   <- for the list of files opened by a program
man strace <- to take a peak at what the program is doing

Have a nice day everyone,
Alex