[CentOS] WhiteBox 4 -> CentOS4.1 - Yum

Fri Oct 7 11:01:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 11:18 +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is it possible to swap the yum.conf from my centos box onto my whitebox
> box and have the whitebox machine use centos updates through yum? CentOS
> seems further ahead and far quicker at roll outs than whitebox?
>
> thanks

There are a couple other things to worry about ... centos-release, the
yum configuration, importing the key we use to sign packages, etc.

here is a guide from going to centos-3 from wbel-3 ... doing it for
centos-4 is similar ... look for RPMS in the /4/ hive and not the /3/
hive ... use the centos-4 signing key, not the centos-3 one ... there is
no centos-yumcache in centos-4.

CentOS-4 has a /etc/yum.conf AND a /etc/yum.repos.d/ directory with a
file named CentOS-Base.repo, there is a whitebox file
in /etc/yum.repos.d that you would want to remove.

Other than that, the method is the same:

http://www.centos.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=19

I might recommend that you also do:

rpm -e whitebox-release