[CentOS] yum update problems

Sat Oct 15 13:31:30 UTC 2005
William Warren <hescominsoon at emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com>

that rocks.  Switching to ftp then jsut got much much easier..:)

Karanbir Singh wrote:
> William Warren wrote:
>
>> I am curious.  Could i just substitute the ftp for http?  I like the
>> releasever variable as it means that every time a new version comes
>> out i don't have to go editing my conf file.
>>
>>> The best resolution for this often asked question is : use an ftp
>>> mirror.
>>>

> sure you can, $releasever and $basearch are always resolved in yum's
> config files, for any type of url in the baseurl= field.
>
> so you could have a
> baseurl=ftp://ftp.somehost.come/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
>

> - K

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099