[CentOS] Mirror

Sat Oct 15 14:06:51 UTC 2005

Tom wrote:
> onlist would be good cos I have some space & BW that I can offer in AU.
>
> Sam Drinkard wrote:
>
>> What would be the minimum requirements for a mirror for the CentOS
>> distributions?  I've got some resources that I might be able to
>> utilize to help out.  Can someone respond to me offline where we can
>> discuss?

If you are looking to mirror the entire CentOS Public Mirror you need
about 60 Gigs of storage, The requirements jump a bit when there is a
new release since we will have both tree's for a few days ( eg. 4.1 and
4.2 are both live at the moment ), we will take 4.1 off soon.

There are somethings that we dont distribute out to public mirrors,
purely for the sake of disk space usage. This includes : Beta / Testing
versions of the distro's ( http://beta.centos.org ), debuginfo and
deprecated pkgs + tree's ( http://vault.centos.org) and we also dont
distribute DVD .iso images out ( only available via bittorrent )

- K