[CentOS] Tomcat 4 on Centos 4.1

Mon Oct 17 10:05:14 UTC 2005
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

Had anyone managed to install Tomcat 4 on Centos 4.1

I want to run OpenNMS but the dependancy list is tortuous to say the
least (Tomcat4, J2SDK etc etc etc )...

I have rpms for tomcat that install ok, but then the services give a ton
of errors about missing files when you start/stop them

Failing this can anyone recommend any free Networm Management System for
Centos, I only need a simple solution just so
that I can import mibs into it and send it traps!

OpenNMS seemed a good choice as it does everything (although rather too
heavyweight for what I want), as its taken me and
a few Java experts here more than two days to try and install OpenNMS I
think its time to move onto something else.

Any advice is most welcome!

Regards

Pete