[CentOS] ATI Radeon 7000 and DRI

Tue Oct 18 05:11:40 UTC 2005
Pasi Pirhonen <upi at iki.fi>

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 18, 2005 at 12:00:02AM -0500, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

> I remember some talk about DRI being disabled when Radeon 7000 is
> detected on Alpha (or PPC, not sure), and this being CentOS specific
> modification.  Has this modification by any chance accidentally leaked
> into i386 packages?  Or is this something that came from upstream?

No. I fixed the Radeon 7000 (RV100) for ia64. In HP ia64-boxes the
MC/ILO board integrated adapter is Radeon 7000.

I did fix it myself.

For CentOS-4.2/alpha i did hack it out for more. If i did it right,
it's disabled by default on every Radeon there. It didn't work as is on
my Radeon 9250/PCI at alpha. I did want to avoid people ending up going
thru firstboot just to find out that display/keyboard is hosed after
installation/first boot, so disabling DRI was kind of tradeoff which i
am willing to take.  This can be fixed later on with updates when
netter known what the heck is actually wrong in the updated
xorg-package.

The hacked version for radeon 7000 fix only would be in 4.2-tree
updates/ia64 (i actually forgot toput it there before, so thank you for
remainding me).

One could just comment out all the DRI-options from xorg.conf as this
would efectively disable DRI too. Boot to initlevel 3 if there is no
ssh/remote access to box to fix it.

--
Pasi Pirhonen - upi at iki.fi - http://iki.fi/upi/