[CentOS] CentOS-4/beta/preview version immediate availability

Wed Oct 19 16:58:29 UTC 2005
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Wednesday 19 October 2005 12:49, Pasi Pirhonen wrote:
> There is yet another thing about Netra/X1, and V100 too i guess, the
> dmfe.ko didn't work on Netra/X1, so i fixed the hwdata pointing to tulip
> for these PCI-ids. This was a must for hardware _i_ did have available
> for testing, but for some cases the dmfe might even work (don't really
> know :)

Back when I had an X1, I ran into some odd issues with the 2.6 tulip driver
hanging the machine for periods of time (on the console there would be
continuously scrolling errors regarding a SABRE DMA problem).  Sometimes the
box would recover, and sometimes not.  But my X1 produced this problem
frequently, at least twice a week.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology