[CentOS] 4.1 being dropped from mirrors

Wed Oct 19 23:07:43 UTC 2005
Tim Edwards <tim at registriesltd.com.au>

BRUCE STANLEY wrote:
> Hi Jim!
>
> I not real concerned with how the numbering of releases are done.
>
> This is what I am concerned with:
>    1). Don't see any need at this point to update from 4.1 to 4.2
>    2)... down the road... say 4.3 comes out and there are updates
>        to a few packages I might need/want.
>    3). Can 4.1 be updated with these packages correctly or
>        will there be a problem with rpm dependency/compatibility issues?
>
> If issues arise, then it would seem to me you would have to do the
> MS service pack type of routine everytime a new version comes out.
>
> I do not like to upgrad entire systems unless it is absolutely
> necessary.

Pretend for a moment that the updates weren't grouped into 4.1, 4.2 etc.
but just came down as individual updates through yum update. In that
case would you still keep updating your system? If yes then get the
updates that are in 4.2 (you're not really 'upgrading' the system, just
continuing to get updates for it).

--
Tim Edwards