[CentOS] Can't install CentOS4 [SOLVED]

Thu Oct 20 01:28:13 UTC 2005
Ajay Sharma <ssharma at revsharecorp.com>

John Hinton wrote:
> Ajay Sharma wrote:
>
>> Karanbir Singh wrote:

> If, you are running an older machine.... if it has no usb... try at the
> install command prompt
>
> linux nousb nousbstorage apm=off noapic
>
> apm is advanced power management.. many early versions were buggy (and
> I'm not sure today's are really much better)
> if you have usb.. leave the two usb statements out
>
> Seems that agpart is causing some problems.. maybe there is a way to
> turn that off during an install but I don't offhand know the command.

I fixed my problem by booting with "linux agp=off".  That's how I got
the kernel to ignore AGP and start up.  I still haven't gone through the
full install, that's a project for this weekend.  I imagine that I'll
have to add the agp=off string to the grub bootloader line.

Thanks for everyone's advice.

--Ajay