[CentOS] corrupt rpm problem

Fri Oct 21 07:16:11 UTC 2005
Peter Farrow <peter at farrows.org>

Hi Jim,

I think its a bit more serious than that, as a yum-y upgrade lists 100s
of packages with the same type of conflict....

Here is the output from "yum list packagename"
 >yum list packagename
Setting up Repos
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
update    : ################################################## 33/33
base      : ################################################## 1628/1628
extras    : ################################################## 23/23

Output from yum -y upgrade is huge, but I give you some of it....

The history of this is that the first yum -y upgrade went ok, (296
packages) but I ctrl-c'ed two by mistake as it was downloading them, yum
carried on and installed the rest, but I thought I would yum again to
get the two I missed and this problem cropped up..

Now it wants to update them all again and list a conflict for each...
the error output for yum was not captured in the file I redirected it
to, but essentially its the same as the one for mysql I showed you
earlier but for every package it seems...

P.