[CentOS] Backup Solutions based on Linux

Fri Oct 21 14:29:26 UTC 2005
Barry Brimer <barry.brimer at bigfoot.com>

Quoting Joe Polk <listuser.jav at gmail.com>:

> I'm having particular issues running Veritas in my Windows environment. The
> agent just seems to baulk on some servers. I've looked into backup solutions
> running on Linux before but there doesn't seem to be much. Is anyone
> familiar with something that has Windows agents and yet managed by Linux?

I recommend Arkeia <http://www.arkeia.com>.  The server version is developed on
Linux, for Linux.  They have full DR/BMR (for Linux currently, but will have
Windows shortly) and it is fast and inexpensive.  It is free for very small
networks.  I've used it previously with +100 Linux servers.  They can backup
Windows and most everything else as well, but the server generally runs on
Linux.

HTH,
Barry