[CentOS] More than 1 gcc version?

Mon Oct 24 16:09:01 UTC 2005
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>

On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 16:36 +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
> > Because its in the compat-gcc-32 package, not gcc package.  Try "rpm -ql
> > compat-gcc-32 | grep bin".  The exe you want to use is gcc32.
>
> yes sorry - I moved the origional gcc to another name to symlink gcc32
> to gcc to test a build but alas it still died. So i'm rather stuck now
> as the software is not mine and c hacking is not my fortei

This is the wrong thing to do. What you want to do is assign gcc32 to
the CC environment variable, as well as g++32 to CXX. Unless, of course,
ASPseek doesn't look at those variables in which case feel free to talk
to the developers.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://centos.ivazquez.net/