[CentOS] More than 1 gcc version?

Mon Oct 24 17:00:11 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Tom Brown <tom.brown at goodtechnology.com>:

> yes sorry - I moved the origional gcc to another name to symlink
> gcc32 to gcc to test a build but alas it still died. So i'm rather
> stuck now as the software is not mine and c hacking is not my fortei
>
> Has anyone else ever managed to get aspseek to compile on a recent
> linux version? I have it running on 3.x but i need to upgrade the
> boxes to 4.x but also have this software run.

I just took a quick look into it.  Seems that your problem is not compiler
version (btw, you'd also need compat-gcc-32-c++ if you want to compile the
thing with the old version of compiler).  Looks more like version of mysql
header files.  Your best bet would be to either contact author(s) of
aspseek or
ask on mysql (devel?) list what to do with program that expects old
header files
if you attempt to build it against new(er) mysql.