[CentOS] Load balancing email?

Wed Oct 26 01:41:11 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 17:03, Benjamin Smith wrote:
> Currently, we have two mail relays for inbound messages, and a third for POP.
>
> The inbound messages go thru all the CPU-intensive anti-spam stuff, and then
> they relay it to the POP server for pickup.
>
> Currently, one of these is the "primary", and the other is "secondary", and
> I'd like them to be considered more or less as equals, since the "primary"
> system is getting beaten pretty hard.

You might be better off trying to make the reception more
efficient.  MimeDefang http://www.mimedefang.org does a
good job and techniques to improve efficiency are discussed
on the mailing list.

Does your 'outside' box have access to the user names or
does it blindly relay everything to the inside box?

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com