[CentOS] Which imapd?

Wed Oct 26 05:38:53 UTC 2005
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting jean-sebastien Hubert <security at air-austral.com>:

> Try to make in run on a non RHAS4 system:
> Yes, if you want cyrus+mysql+sieve+ a web interface to admin accounts:
> Yes, it's hard to configure it.
> Ok, if you use a "cyrus ready" distro, 95 percent of the work is done,
> but in the other case ..
> It's not a urban legend, I said that because I did it, that's all.

Yeah, I had it running on non Red Hat systems.  Don't see what all this
fuss is
about.  The only more complicated thing: I had to compile it from source.  Big
deal.

The only relatively complicated part is bulk moving existing mailboxes
to Cyrus.
However, even for that there are plenty of good solutions around.

> I agree .. but did you try to configure cyrus in Debian Woody ??? I'm
> not sure ....

Haven't used Debian for a very long time, so I'd have to say no to this
question.  Anyhow, don't see why it would be complicated.  And no, I'm not
going to reinstall my PC just to prove you wrong ;-)