[CentOS] Re: Driver 3c509 - Centos 4.2

Wed Oct 26 12:22:56 UTC 2005
Tony <pthagonal at gmail.com>

On 10/26/05, Rodrigo Barbosa <rodrigob at suespammers.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 07:12:57PM -0700, keith morse wrote:
> > Adriano Frare wrote:
> > >I need driver 3c509 (ISA BOARD) to CENTOS 4.2.

> I might be wrong at this, since I only checked the .config file, but
> from what I noticed, these drivers are still on the newer kernels.
> They are just not compiled by default for CentOS.

I just checked my mythtv/centos4 box that has a centosplus unsupported
kernel on it, and Adriano may be pleased to hear that the file
/lib/modules/2.6.9-11.106.unsupported/kernel/drivers/net/3c509.ko does
indeed exist.

So all you should need to do is go have a look at:

http://mirror.centos.org/centos-4/4.2/centosplus/Readme.txt

--
Cheers,

Tony