[CentOS] centosplus kernel

Thu Oct 27 17:09:23 UTC 2005
Matt Hyclak <hyclak at math.ohiou.edu>

On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 05:38:57PM +0100, Karanbir Singh enlightened us:
> Matt Hyclak wrote:
> >>You should be able to just grab the sources from
> >>download.fedora.redhat.com and rebuild ? you might need to update some
> >>other core pkgs to satisfy depends tho.
> >>
> >I tried this the other day and it builds ok. On install it wanted a bunch
> >of
> >updated SELinux stuff. I started down the path, but the checkpolicy src.rpm
> >refused to build, so I gave up for now.
>
> What functionality are you looking to bring in with a newer kernel ?

Personally, none. I was trying to help someone in the IRC channel with the
sym53c8XX series SCSI controller that apparently broke/regressed somewhere
between 2.6.5 and 2.6.9 development. I tried both bringing the Fedora kernel
over to CentOS-4 and patching in the driver from FC4 into 2.6.9-22. Neither
have worked so far, but I decided to keep at it today just for S&G.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak
Department of Mathematics