[CentOS] USB Stick Install

Fri Oct 28 13:50:16 UTC 2005
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 08:22, Bards1888 wrote:

> >Before you re-invent this particular wheel, you might want to
> >check out the beta 7.x version of SME server at
> >http://contribs.org/modules/phpwiki/index.php?Downloads
> >which is based on Centos4.
> >

> Thanks for the link Les,
>
> I'm set on Centos, no need for me to try SME, the main reason I like
> Centos is mainly do to the fact that it 'feels' like RHEL. I dont
> particularly want to step further away from RHEL towards SME.

What I was trying to point out was that this version of SME
_is_ Centos in the same sense that yours will be, although
it doesn't "feel" like much of anything since all administration
is through a simplified web interface.  Other than some
small quirks like using qmail and tcpserver and running
at runlevel 7, it is pretty much stock Centos that can
update from Centos updates and have other stock Centos RPMs
added.

If nothing else, it might be worth looking over for the
perspective of what a group that has been doing 'appliance'
Linux for years did.  Their install is particularly
interesting - if you install on a single-drive machine
it will build a 'broken' RAID1 so at any later time
you can add a second drive and easily mirror the
existing install.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com