[CentOS] CentOS proviiding additional services > was Setting up Tomcat

Sun Oct 30 15:31:25 UTC 2005
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Collins Richey wrote on Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:12:51 -0600:

> What I would recommend to assist those who love the CentOS stable base
> but want more than CentOS can (legally or otherwise) provide is to
> follow the documentation approach taken by Ubuntu.

Why shouldn't this target audience not just install Ubuntu?

And, frankly, if I go thru that list at ubuntuguide, most of the
questions/answers are already answered in the CentOS FAQs ("How do I add
repos?"), are application specific ("How do I ssh into a server"), are
generic questions (like "How do I add xyz to Gnome") that are answered in
other external FAQs or so simple that they don't deserve an FAQ.

Nevertheless, putting up a wiki is a good proposal even if only one person
would add to it ;-) Anyone who wishes, can then share his experience with
"How I installed xyz on CentOS" and save others some time.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany