[CentOS] Cyrus firstname.lastname at domain

Sun Oct 30 19:10:56 UTC 2005
Sebastian Bauer <lists at sb3w.com>

On Sun, October 30, 2005 19:51, Dave Hornford wrote:

> Oliver, Thanks
> All I need to do is maintain email address format
> firstname.lastname at domain, I do not need these as either
> unix/windows(samba) usernames. Currently these are a mixed bag of
> firstname, initiallastname & lastname. One step on the migration is to at
> least standardize the new ones.
>
> Any suggestions on whether we'd be better off operationally using ldap
> to control the mapping or the virtusertable. It is a smallish site (<50
> users), who are looking for a very automated administrative/operations
> environment.
>
> This is my first cyrus so what I don't know is everything :-)
>

> Dave

Hi Dave,

I suggest the usage of web-cyradm (http://web-cyradm.org/). There are SQL
scripts for installing MySQL tables for the virtual user management. On
the site you will also find the configuration instructions for postfix.

I did a new installation just last week and everything worked straight on.

BTW: Cyrus is a really good choice. Shared folders and quotas without any
problems. And the performance is great.

Greets,
Sebastian