[CentOS] 'Many' packages installed - CentOS 4.1

Thu Sep 1 12:41:19 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 12:47 +0100, Tom Brown wrote:
> > I do a minimal install, then install the packages(httpd,mysql,php,etc)I
> > need.  Never ran across a problem with it installing X when I didn't
> > want it.
>
> OK just got to install another box but there is no 'minimal' option -
>
> I have
>
> Personal Desktop
> Workstation
> Server
> Custom
>
> What ISO's do i need to download to be presented with a 'minimal' option
> ? Or is there a switch at boot or something similar?

Under the Custom selection, at the bottom, there is a minimum optoin in
the GUI install.

It is the same as unselecting all the checkboxes (which you can do it
Custom on a Text Install)

This will give you what the upstream provider has deemed a minimum
install (plus yum added by CentOS for package management).