[CentOS] Changing permissions on files that only exist during USB operation

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Sat Sep 3 16:21:43 UTC 2005

>create a file named:
>and put this in it:
>BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="Palm Handheld*", KERNEL="ttyUSB[13579]", SYMLINK="pilot"
Sort of. Based on advice I got earlier, I have a file with the slightly
different name "10-visor-rules", and the line inside is a little
different too:
BUS="usb", SYSFS {product}="Palm Handheld", KERNEL="ttyUSB[13579]",
... (there's no asterix after the word "Handheld")

Which should it be, and will this resolve the permissions settings?