[CentOS] Changing permissions on files that only exist during USB operation

Dave Gutteridge dave at tokyocomedy.com
Sun Sep 4 03:30:15 UTC 2005

>If you look at the above - it already is usable (in fact owned) by the
>user dave.

Well, if you say so, I believe you.
The reason I think I don't have the correct permissions settings is
because on the following web page, it says that the error I get is
because the permissions are wrong. If I already have the "correct"
permissions settings, and I still get this error, then I'm at a loss to
diagnose the problem.
http://www.brandonhutchinson.com/Running_JPilot_as_a_non-privileged_user.html

>make sure that 'jpilot' or any other program that you wish to use to
>sync your Palm, uses /dev/pilot

In the JPilot preferences page, it has a field for entering in "Serial
Port". In that field I have "/dev/pilot".
There does not seem to be an option or way to specify whether or not the
connection is USB, but I assume if it's going to /dev/pilot then it
should be looking in the right place...?

Dave