[CentOS] LDAP/iptables

Thomas E Dukes

edukes at alltel.net
Sun Sep 4 13:10:04 UTC 2005

Hello,

I am trying to get LDAP running.  So far, the server is running but I cannot
connect to port 389 or the server using webmin or phpldapadmin.  It could be
my ISP has blocked this port but I'm not sure.  I have tried to telnet to
port 389 but it is refused.  All other services run fine.

I user the iptables ruleset found in the IP-Masquerade HowTo.  Below is the
ruleset I follow for opening ports for external access.  For some reason it
won't open 389.

$IPTABLES -A INPUT -i $EXTIF -m state --state NEW,ESTABLISHED,RELATED \
 -p tcp -s $UNIVERSE -d $EXTIP --dport 389 -j ACCEPT

Where $EXTIF = eth0 and $EXTIP = my ipaddress

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

TIA