[CentOS] mysql

chris hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Sun Sep 4 21:13:17 UTC 2005

Look in /etc/init.d and see if mysqld exists.  If it does, try to start
it with
/etc/init.d/mysqld start

Until mysqld is started, mysql will not be able to talk to it.

Chris

>>>edward.morrison at gmail.com 09/04/05 5:02 pm >>>
I just installed CentOS 3.5.  Included in the install was mysql.  When
trying to start it using: service mysqld start.  The system responds
with mysqld not recpognized as a service.  When trying to use
/usr/bin/mysql I receive this error: ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local
MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2).  A search
of the system does not reveal mysql.sock.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance.

Ed

CentOS mailing list